PLANNING AND CONSTRUCTION
1942 | Special camp construction campaign of the authority "General Building Inspector for the Reich Capital" (GBI). The mass deportation of forced laborers causes an increased need for sleeping places. The GBI plans to build its own forced labor camps in Berlin on a large scale.
June 8, 1943 | The GBI orders the immediate construction of Barracks Camp 75/76 for 2,160 people.
August 1943 | Camp construction begins, but is not completed by the end of the war. The camp is never completely occupied.
June 1944 | First occupancy with Polish and Czech forced laborers, employed by the GBI as barrack guards and as workers.
6 November 1944 | The GBI transfers 435 former Italian military internees to the camp. 99 of them have to work for the GBI on construction sites.
January 1945 | Another 250 forced laborers (displaced civilians) from Western and Eastern Europe are accommodated in the camp. They worked in the surrounding armament factories.
24 February 1945 | Transfer of about 200 prisoners from a subcamp of the Sachsenhausen concentration camp. The women from Poland work for the battery manufacturer Pertrix.
23/24 April 1945 | Liberation of the camp by the Red Army.
from September 1945 | New users of the barracks are a vaccine factory (until 1991), workshops, district and church facilities.
24 August 2006 | Opening of the Documentation Center for NS Forced Labor (Topography of Terror Foundation) on a part of the former camp site.
2008 | Barrack 13 becomes part of the Documentation Centre.